John Orr

To quote the great Hedley Lamarr, "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Maybe I will put some of that here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

I am a freelance writer, editor, designer and musician. I am a member of the National Book Critics Circle and my arts writing has appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines. I have worked for a couple of the best-designed newspapers in the nation. My other blog is at redroom.com, an online home for writers. I have also blogged extensively for the San Jose Mercury News, notably about the Harry Potter books. See that blog here. I am married with three children. I have a blues band, Dr Gone & Serious Condition, and we perform at clubs and parties in the San Francisco Bay Area. My web sites include triviana.com and seriouscondition.com. Currently I am writing a novel; after that I expect to write a non-fiction book about blues music, then more novels.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Glad to see you!

I have a web site already, at triviana.com, where I use the Books section to archive reviews I've written, but have been thinking about trying a blog format for when I just feel like throwing a thought out into the sea of digital communication just for fun and to see what bites.

When the National Books Critics Circle, of which I am a member, sent me a note about its blog, I decided to try it myself. You can visit the blog of the NBCC by clicking here.

Will be back before too long with more.

John Orr

2 Comments:

Blogger rella said...

Hi, John ... I came across your blog by accident, being one of those sad persons who re-e-eally cares what Old Snape is up to ....

Personally, I wonder if he and Mr Potter are not doomed to go over the falls together!

Anyway, very nice blog you have!

Best wishes, rella

1:41 AM  
Blogger John Orr said...

Thank you for your comment, rella!

Is your first name Cinde, perchance?

I like your image, which I recognize from Book One of the Harry Potter saga.

If Ms. Rowling were to send Harry and Severus over the falls together ... then she would be forced to produce an eighth Harry Potter tome.

Which I would welcome, of course. I wonder if that's what will happen.

John Orr

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home